Sunday 30 January 2011

A Walk in Hyde Park

For probably the first time since moving to Notting Hill, my husband and I took an afternoon walk through Hyde Park today. We are regulars of the park however, as today proved, all we really had known of it was the sub 5-mile perimeter that we zoom through on our morning or weekend runs. (I may have exaggerated on the "zoom" bit)

To have had a leisurely stroll through the park today was like opening a window to a new world. I loved seeing things that I've missed during those runs and now have a new appreciation for the gorgeous gardens that exist on my doorstep.

The Lake

Lovely swan who kindly stopped fidgeting to let me take a picture!

Monument of Prince Albert

Royal Albert Hall

Cool piece of art in the middle of the park

Just another one of life's little reminder's to stop every once in awhile, take a look around, really take it all in, and to be very thankful for the beauty that surrounds us.

No comments:

Post a Comment